CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Fav. Films of 2008...

Okay then. Its 2009 now, and Everyone's revisiting the last year in some way or the other. So Why leave this lovely blog behind ??
(In this way, Even I get a chance to post in this much-avoided blog. Yippie!)

This Post is to all those Charming Movies I saw this year which swept me off my feet and took me to their dreamland I loved touring.

1. Jodha Akbar
The most fascinating factor about this gem of a film was its blend of Granduer and Simplicity, and It charmed me like anything.
And Then I have my favourite people like Hrithik and Rahman at their Prime. No wonder I saw it twice.

2. Jaane tu ya Jaane Na
Again, There was this perfect balance of Innocence and Contemporary being. The Movie was like a breath of fresh air, despite its cliched plot. Now thats what I call Clever writing.
P.S. - I am Glad now the Entire Youth adores Genelia as much as I do. :)

3. Rock On!
It struck a chord somewhere. It gave me a reason to dream against hopes all over again, and I will cherish the movie for this sole reason forever. :)
Plus, We had Shankar Ehsaan Loy redefining Rock Music in Hindi films. and How!

4. Oye Lucky Lucky Oye
I simply love such kind of Wit and Humour, I tell. With all its nods to the eccentricities of the Delhhites, Lower middle-class and Zany Dreamers, I just loved Oye Lucky Lucky Oye.
Plus, I really like to see Abhay Deol living upto my expectations time & again. Lets see what he's upto with 'DEV D'...

5. Aamir
This movie took me to the dingy lanes of Mumbai, And to the fanatics residing there. I watched it, and I thought and thought and thought. And Then I realised the Director has done his Job.
Too good! :)

6. Mithya
I saw it only recently, and as I heard from someone; It has this Shakespearan tragic quality that swept me off my feet. I especially like the fact that It comes from a bunch of not-so-popular-or-powerful people who just have faith in Good cinema, and give their Bestest efforts for its sake. Hats off!

7. Welcome to Sajjanpur
Sattire is at its Best when its with Humour. Shyam Benegal took a dig at the inner veins of our Country in a lighter note with endearing humour and a pitch-perfect ensemble cast, and I was smiling my way through those 2 and a half hours.

8. Mumbai Meri Jaan
Despite its over-empathetic tone, Mumbai Meri Jaan remains a very thought-provoking film. Its made even more special by bringing actors like Paresh Rawal, Kay Kay Menon and R. Madhavan under one roof. I so very liked that!

9. A Wednesday
A taut thriller, it had A Clever story-telling pattern and Awesome performance from Naseer-ud-din Shah raises this film much higher than its level. It connects to an ordinary man's fears, and thats where It scored an extra Brownie point.

10. Ghajini & Rab ne Banaa di Jodi
I really couldt choose one from these two Biggest Flicks of the year which came only at the last, like the Emperors. ;)
Though I liked the latter one more for it gave a chance to My fav. Personality to Do normal things and not be the Super-hero that he usually is, I liked the former for it gave my Fav. Actor a chance to show He can do what the other Superstars can, to lure the masses alike. :)

Special mention - Khuda Ke Liye
It is such an irony that between innumerable Hindi films ranging from Pathetic to Very Good, Here came a film from the Other side of the Border which raced past them all.
Khuda ke Liye spoke about the various facets of a Mohammedian and I must say, I wasnt hit so hard by many other Movies. Absolutely marvellous piece of work.

In a strange way, Amidst this ominpresent hatred for Terrorists who hail from Pakistan, a few people out have made my Movie-watching experience much more memorable. :)

Cheers!

1 comments:

Sajal Ehsaas said...

I will be watching Aamir very soon...khuda ke liye will follow...cotemplating abt jodha akbar but days are getting busy...rock on will probably wait

for me,there were a lot of good movie this year...in fact all "genuine" attempts at making a good movie ended in nice ones..
my list:

1. A Wednesday
2. Welcome To Sajjanpur
3. Oye Lucky Lucky oye
4. Mumbai meri jaan
5. Dasvidaniya

if Slumdog Millionaire is elligible for the list...its above all of the above ones :)