CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Friendship, Love etc!

Saw Jaane tu ya Jaane na for the third time today. Now before you think that I loved movie to such extent, Lemme make it clear that Its pure luck of me to do that. Or may be not.. ;-)


Coming back to the movie, I really enjoyed it the most this time. Don’t exactly know the reason, but I did realise why I didn’t like it so very much on the first two occasions. :p

Now 'Jaane tu...' has a beginning that very much reminded me of my school days. But that’s where the comparisons stop.
In the film, Aditi starts loving Jai when she sees him with another Girl. And its very visible. However, N, my best friend or say 'My Aditi' lives hundreds of miles away.
And I don’t get to see the jealousy she feels When I talk of my female friends who occupy my time now. And that makes me unsure whether she loves me or not.

So I clear sign that The Aditi in the film loves her Jai, while My Aditi doesn’t may be made me feel a bit sad. :P


Coming back to the film rather than veering towards my personal life here too, I shall applaud the Director and the emsemble cast first of all.

Abbas Tyrewala did a great job at maintaining a quirky sense of humour without letting it affect the film’s plot much. Although It does restrain the film from getting extremely romantic, which I would have loved. Hehe.
Also, The dream sequences were fabulously shot.

He has also done a good job at capturing the expressions of the supporting cast while the Protagonists are in a scene. Thanks to this great effort by him, which is seldom seen in hindi films, Shaleen’s character was established perfectly and I must say The Gal who played it did a damn good job.

The dialogues were realistic, although a wee bit clichéd at times. The film has some damn good scenes, which make up for whatever flaws I found.

I had a few other problems with the film too. But this time, they seemed lesser.

I liked the bonding between Jai and her mother, fabulously played by Ratna Pathak Shah who seemed to act like Hubby dearest Naseeruddin Shah in a few places.

Also, The scene where Aditi and Amit have a heart-speak was very very well written.
Another one when Jai cries in her mother’s lap when he is obviously upset about the increasing distances with Aditi was fab.

Imran Khan is a complete natural, although I found him moving his facial muscles a bit too much at times. Genelia is just great with her expressions, exp. When she has to emote jealousy or innocence. Just gotta work on ur accent, baby! ;-)

Naseeruddin Shah and Paresh rawal are used perfectly for their parts. Bang on!


A.R.Rahman’s music really lifts the film notches higher. Every song is a sheer gem, and makes the film even more young and evocative.

However, I feel the ‘Jaane tu mera kya hai’ song could have been better used, just for which I went to see the movie this time.

Ahh.. well.. Never mind!

All and all, 'Jaane tu...' is a nostalgic, fresh, feel-good and most importantly a highly enjoyable movie albeit it could have been better.


Cheers!

3 comments:

Prachi said...

ur aditi.... and aditi's surroundings are diff. and u knw....just listening abt u talking to other female frnds... and actually seeing u thru it, when u give her less time.... they are a hell lot different..

anyways,.... nothing more on this.... thank god u loved the movie. :D

keep blogging
cheers

Harsh said...

I know.. thats what i said too... She is miles away... so i cant even see how she actually feels... :P

And anyways, I didnt LOVE the movie... just liked it a lot.. ;-) :P

Sajal Ehsaas said...

I dont think one needs the induced feelings of jealousy for true love to prosper...nothing against the movie but talkin in general case...

and wats a couple of hundred miles in love...just sing for her once..."tera mujhse hai pehle ka naata koi,yun hi nahi dil lubhata koi"... :)